Even though I
always recommend investing in good salon-quality skin care products (especially
Blackbox Cosmetics!!: http://shop.blackboxcosmetics.com/JB1943)
there ARE a few Over-The-Counter (OTC) products that I really like for their
natural ingredients, effectiveness and their easy-on-the-wallet price. By OTC, I am referring to products that you
can find just about anywhere (Wal-Mart, Target, CVS, Walgreen’s, etc.), not
just high-end stores or salons. The
products that I will be recommending are from four different companies that all
make natural or organic claims and I will list them in the order that you would
use them at home: make-up remover,
cleanser, toner and moisturizer. The
first product that I love is an eye make-up remover called Evenly Radiant® from
derma e®. This clear, gentle product is suitable for
all skin types, contains no fragrances or oils, is pH-balanced (for more on the
importance of pH, see my previous post here:
http://greenearthskin.blogspot.com/2013/09/aloes-juicy-secret-revealed-most-of-us.html)
and contains soothing and anti-aging ingredients like Green Tea, Chamomile and
Cucumber. This botanical-based brand
offers a full line of skin care products.
You can learn more about these products at www.dermae.com. The next product I really enjoy comes from
the yes to™ line. This color-coded line
offers various products that are geared towards different skin types (dry,
oily, normal, etc.) or skin conditions (sensitive, blemished, aging) and are
easily identified by the fruit or vegetable associated with each category, such
as the yes to™ cucumbers for sensitive skin, which comes in a green and white
bottle or the yes to™ blueberries for mature skin which is in a blue and white
tube, etc. The particular product that I
am including in this list is the yes to™ cucumbers cleanser for sensitive
skin. This is a soothing milky cleanser
that includes cucumber, aloe juice and green tea in its ingredient list. Just as important as what it DOES contain, is
what it DOESN’T, namely parabens and sulfates.
This cleanser does contain fragrance, however, so if you have
fragrance-sensitivities then this may not be the ideal product for you. For more information about this line, visit
them at www.yestocarrots.com. Avalon Organics® is probably my favorite of
all the OTC products in my list. The particular
product that I always have on hand is their Vitamin C toner. This pH-balanced
toner is suitable for all skin types, protects the skin against sun damage and
is filled with anti-oxidant rich ingredients like white tea, vitamin C, green
tea mixed with soothing additions like lavender, chamomile and calendula. This toner smells almost good enough to
drink thanks to a blend of skin-friendly essential oils that are less likely to
cause irritation than artificial fragrances.
A lot of the ingredients in this paraben-free blend are certified
organic, too, making it a safe bet for your skin and the environment!! For more information, visit them at www.avalonorganics.com. My go-to OTC moisturizer is alba BOTANICA®’s natural
hawaiian oil free moisturizer. This moisturizer
is best suited for oily skin types and is beneficial for sensitive skin as well
due to an ingredient list that includes aloe and green tea. This smooth moisturizer has a light, fresh
scent and is pH-balanced. The only
drawback for me with this moisturizer is the container. This one comes in a small plastic jar with a
screw-on lid. For a product line that
utilizes anti-oxidants, a pump container is more suitable as it better
preserves the anti-oxidant’s potency.
More information can be found at www.AlbaBotanica.com. I hope these recommendations make your next
shopping trip a little easier!
| My Favorite OTC Products |
Please let me know
if you are enjoying these skin care posts in the box below! Questions, comments and suggestions are all
welcome! Thank you!
~~Jessica Barahona
No comments:
Post a Comment